Zion Food Pantry
The Food Pantry is a ministry of Zion Lutheran Church, maintained by this congregation, to serve needy individuals and families of the Indiana County area. Zion receives no government funding for this ministry, but donations from individuals and groups are gratefully accepted.
On the second and fourth Mondays of each month, the pantry is open from 9:00 until 11:00 a.m. Clients may receive three grocery bags of food from the pantry once a month. Further eligibility information may be obtained at a time when the pantry is open.
You can help Zion’s food pantry ministry in a number of ways:
- Pray for us and this ministry
- Donate canned goods, cereal, pasta & sauce, tuna, rice, personal care items, cleaning products, etc.
- Donate money for the purchase of food
- Organize projects to collect and donate non-perishable items for the project through your school, club, scout troop, etc.
- Volunteer to help pack groceries and/or stock shelves
- Volunteer to help clients carry groceries as needed
- Volunteer to help with special distributions at Thanksgiving and Christmas
To volunteer or to receive further information about how to help, please contact Zion Lutheran Church.
Contributions may be made by check or money order payable to Zion Lutheran Church. Please write “Food Pantry” on the memo line, and mail or deliver to Zion at 100 South 6th Street, Indiana, PA 15701